Back on the Farm Again

 



We went back to Elder and Sister Hobbs' farm again this week to help move their things into their new cabin. The missionaries love going out to the farm even though it is a bit of a drive. Several of the missionaries are from rural areas/farms and enjoy helping Elder and Sister Hobbs. It is  peaceful and was such a pretty day. We got to pick vegetables and raspberries from their garden and the greenhouses. The highlight is getting to see the bison. It was a new group of missionaries that went this time and they had a lot of fun. They work hard too but it is fun when you work together in such a beautiful setting.







It was a busy week with transfers but everything went smoothly. It has worked really well to rent the big U-Haul for luggage. The missionaries have an overnight bag and then meet for orientation the next day and get the luggage after the meeting. It is exciting to see them meet their companions and receive their first area assignment. There are 4 sisters (1 new missionary) that will go to Juneau this time and they are excited about that. It rains every day so they will have to bring their own sunshine (kind of like coastal Washington and Oregon). I love seeing how welcoming the missionaries are to the newcomers.  




We had halibut tacos last week and "swimming in butter" Halibut this Sunday.  Both were delicious but one was definitely more healthy. We had our fresh tomatoes, roasted carrots and beets and rhubarb bars with fresh raspberries. I love eating the fresh Alaska food! 




Spiritual thoughts: At church today a sister talked about remembering how you felt the day you were baptized. She was baptized when she was 15 and said she felt that something that was empty was now filled. She felt what was missing was the Holy Ghost and how good it felt to have that gift. She then talked about the times throughout her life when she felt promptings that warned of danger, or promptings to do something good, and of comfort when her young son died of cancer. I appreciate so much hearing members share the difference the gospel has made in their lives. While I don't know that I saw the significance when I was baptized, I do remember being scared to go underwater and the relief of being lifted out of the water by my dad's strong hands. It reminds me now that the gospel is a means of rescue and relief that lifts us up. It is also a beginning of living a different way and of learning to keep promises. I think part of why I love attending baptisms is to remember what it means to be baptized and to have the gift of the Holy Ghost. Maybe take some time this week to think about what your baptism has meant to you and share it in your journal or with someone else. Hopefully you can see how it has filled the empty places in your life. 

Happy Birthday to  Amber. She is so cute when she sings Happy Birthday, especially to herself. And good luck to Collynn and Joe as they prepare to move to their home in North Orem. Lots of changes. Hope you all have a great week. 

I had technical difficulties so it is a shorter blog this week and more pictures. If you have any questions about what the pictures are let us know. We would be so happy to talk to you!

Love you all,

Elder and Sister Robinson





Comments

  1. I always love reading your blog. Thanks for posting. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the blog this week. I just saw a story on the news about a 138# cabbage (World Record) grown in Alaska. They said it is because of the long days of daylight (and cabbage is a cool weather crop, so it must be ideal). You food pictures look so delicious! Curious about the yellow sportscar. Thanks for your spiritual thoughts. Before reading the blog, I forwarded it to my family and told them what a blessing I feel from the Atonement of Jesus Christ, the covenants we have made and the love of family and friends that have brought a wonderful spirit of healing over the last 7 years. It has been a long journey for me, but I feel so much better this year and thankful for the blessings of the gospel and you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder how the cabbage tastes being that big. I know the ultra big carrots are really delicious. That much more deliciousness! The yellow car is parked next to the sister missionaries' car in the garage. I don't think it mattered much to them but the Elders would love it. I'm glad you are feeling the blessings of the atonement in healing the hurt you have felt these past years. I am grateful you are willing to share too.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fun at the Fair and a Surprise Visitor

A Full and Happy Week (or Two)

I Love Fall